1. Set an oven rack 3 inches from the broiler element and turn on the broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil. Have on hand a small, non-stick skillet and another baking sheet.
2. Broil the corn for 10 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally with tongs, until lightly charred and cooked through. The time it takes will depend on the heat of your broiler. Remove and let cool.
3. To remove the kernels from the cobs: Set a small bowl with a flat bottom upside-down inside a larger one, or use a bundt pan. Place the base of the cob on the small bowl or rest it on the hole of the bundt pan. Slide a sharp knife from tip to base to remove the kernels. You should have about 1 1/2 cups.
4. In a blender, puree the corn kernels, milk, flour, corn meal, salt, and butter just until the batter is well blended. It should be slightly nubby with small bits of corn throughout.
5. Heat the non-stick skillet over medium heat until hot, brushing the pan lightly with oil. Drop 2 tablespoons of batter into the middle of the skillet. With the back of a spoon, ease the batter into a thin pancake, about 4 1/2-inches in diameter. Cook for about 45 seconds or until the edges are set and the pancake is golden on the bottom. With a wide spatula, turn the crepe and cook for another 20 to 30 seconds on the second side. Transfer cooked crepes to the baking sheet in a single layer. Repeat until all the batter is used. Once the crepes are cool, you can stack them on a plate.