Old-Fashioned Cranberry Goodin' Puddin'. Yum.
This throwback recipe — a comforting mash-up of pudding and cake — comes together in one bowl and bakes up dense and delicious with a crisp golden crust. It’s best served warm with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Set the oven at 325 degrees.
- Spread cranberries over the bottom of a well-greased 8’’ pie plate and sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar and nuts.
- Beat egg well with an electric mixer or whisk and add 1/2 cup sugar gradually, mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Mix in flour, melted butter and oil to the egg-sugar mixture until well combined and pour batter over top of cranberries.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for about 45 minutes until crust is golden brown. Cut like pie. Serve either warm or cold with generous scoops of vanilla ice cream
This recipe was passed along by Carolyn DeMoranville, director of the Umass Amherst Cranberry Experiment Station and 3rd generation cranberry expert.
Other recipes from Carolyn: