December 8, 2015
8 ounces pomegranate juice
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
seeds from one pomegranate
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken, parsley, walnuts, breadcrumbs, onion, turmeric, salt and pepper. Mix well until fully combined. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small sauce pan, cook the pomegranate juice on low for about 30 minutes until reduced slightly.
- Form small meatballs, between 1 and 1.5 inches in diameter. You should end up with about 30 meatballs.
- In a large frying pan, heat some olive oil. Add the meatballs to the pan one by one and cook on high to brown. Stir every 3 minutes or so with a spatula by running the flat side of the spatula along the bottom of the pan, gently rotating and stirring the meatballs without breaking them.
- Once the meatballs are browned on a few sides, add the vinegar, reduced pomegranate juice, and honey. Cook for another 15 minutes or so, until the sauce has formed a sticky glaze and the meatballs are cooked through.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in the pomegranate seeds. Pour the meatballs onto a serving platter and top with the parsley and walnuts for serving.